Thursday, February 25, 2010

Indian taxi Driver use the power of Social Media, How about You ?

One of the Indian Driver based in Varanasi understand the importance of Social Media, its an old story but worth to know how a Taxi Driver use a social media to kick recession. The short story will definitely help you to understand the power of Social media specially for those who still feel Social Media is for time pass.

The story takes place at the North of India in the year 2008, where Devesh Mishra, a Taxi driver, is facing a problem due to the slow down in Indian Travel Industry. As a result the competition has increased among the taxi drivers and it has become difficult to get a good business.

What would you do when you are facing such problems in your business? Well, Devesh Mishra shares his problem with one of his customer from Singapore. He expresses how his business has been affected. Very interestingly, his Singaporean friend suggests him to open a YouTube Video. Devesh Mishra than contemplates over the idea, he knows about the internet but not YoutTube. Then one day one of his friend from Switzerland helps him to set up a video, and there he goes in front of a camera informing about his business to the world.

Soon after the release of the video, he starts receiving humble amount of customers. His business starts to flourish and now he gives his dedicated time surfing the internet and reading mails from his customer.



Now whats your reaction on this story,you may say well this is a pretty good story. But I would like you to clearly understand the moral of the story which I find is the core of the story. First of all, Social Media is not a fancy word and is not something that is related to a platform or a technology. Social Media is a cultural change that we are witnessing due to the changing technology. But the core values of Social Media is still the same.

Talk with your customer- as Devesh did “I know a little bit of English as I am intermediate (10+2) educated. However, in the video, I was helped by my friend as he told me what exactly to speak in front of the camera.”

Take your initial step to next level- as Devesh took“I created my email id on Yahoo and now I religiously surf the internet at least twice a week. I get hundreds of emails every week. Most of the mails are from foreign travellers looking for my services. I also visit Yahoo and Google to be always updated about latest happenings”

Educating Others-as Devesh Educating his family “I have four children and I am educating them how to use internet. I have also been trying to promote the idea of putting up similar videos on YouTube to other small businessmen in Varanasi. But they seem to be ignorant about the power of internet”

http://nitinmaximumhit.blogspot.com "We brand our clients to stand out from the competition."

1 comment:

  1. take a look @ this http://tuktastic.com/... :)

    The coverage in indian express
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Simply-tuktastic/573499/

    Infact there are many more actualizing the digital media marketing strategy...

    ReplyDelete